Uchiwa Ramen - Tonkotsu (and Miso)

My wife and I are both staying home on parental leave, dealing with a newborn and being a couple of exhausted messes.  So it was a godsend that our friend Emma W generously bought and delivered some Uchiwa Ramen!  I had the tonkotsu (with extra chashu, obviously,) and my wife had the miso.  Quite delicious.  

This was my first time getting a to-go order from Uchiwa and immediately, I noticed that they do not package their noodles separately from sauce.  In some ramen joints, the toppings and noodles are separate, ensuring that they don't get soggy during transit.  So, obviously, the noodles were a bit soggier than normal.  

www.uchiwaramen.com located in San Rafael, CA.

Toppings for the tonkotsu are Half of a soft-boiled egg, menma (bamboo shoots), bean sprouts, spinach, shredded mushrooms, and green onions.


Toppings for the miso is half a soft-boiled egg, bean sprouts, menma, red bell peppers, asparagus, corn, and green onions. The broth is very flavorful.


Crushed it!




Comments

Popular Posts