Instant Ramen Review - Indomie Mi Goreng Hot & Spicy

This was donated to me by Hedy W.  This was my first time with this brand and I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of flavor.  I also think this may be my first dry instant noodles - I typically prefer them with a broth.  I also liked the fact that the sodium levels, which are shockingly high in broth-based instant noodles, are relatively lower, clocking in at 410 mg.  

The instructions called for emptying all the flavor packets at the bottom of the bowl, then putting the drained noodles on top and mixing them all together.  Well, I am a rebel and decided to empty the packets ON TOP of my noodles and then vigorously stirring.  My wife married a bad boy, what can I say?  Anyways, a downside to this tasty bowl was the fact that the flavor packets are kind of hard to open.  I had to use scissors and accidentally got some of the sauce all over it.  Also, there are a lot of them.  They are connected with one "pack" containing the a packet of seasoning powder and a packet of fried onion while the other "pack" contains a packet of seasoning oil, sweet sauce, and chili sauce, also in separate packets.  I understand why you would want to separate them individually but that leads to 5 separate packets in reality.  

But, once the packets are thoroughly mixed with the noodles, I think it is quite a satisfying taste.  The spice level is perfect for me and I have already ordered some more.

Company: Indofood
Brand: Indomie
Flavor: Mi Goreng (Fried Noodles) Hot & Spicy
Country: Indonesia
Spicy: Yes
Packets: 1 seasoning powder + fried onion, 1 seasoning oil + sweet sauce + chili sauce
Cooking time: 3 min
Score: A



Comments

Popular Posts