Seafood and Vegetable Salt Ramen - Umai Crate

From Umai Crate: A Japanese ramen subscription box.

One of my least favorite ramen broths is shio (salt) ramen.  I have always found it a little bland and one-note with only a salty taste coming out of it.  However, this seafood and vegetable salt ramen was actually quite good.  Not as heavy as a tonkotsu or miso broth (two of my favorites), this lighter take on a broth had nice tones of seafood and bonito.  I sauteed some baby bok choy and some shrimp, made a soft-boiled egg, and chopped up some green onions for my toppings.  Please note that my egg looks ugly because it was sticking to the shell pretty badly when I was peeling it.  It tasted good, though.  The whole thing was then sprinkled with some togarashi pepper.  Yummy!


The packaging pictures always look yummy


1 seasoning packet



Sauteeing shrimp and bok choy


Making it healthier with some proteins and greenery.




Comments

Popular Posts