Kenko Foods Soy Sauce Ramen - Umai Crate

This shoyu (soy sauce-based broth) ramen is made by a company called Kenko Foods, which specializes in healthier foods (kenko is Japanese for “healthy”)  The noodles are made from natural water using natural salt and domestic flour.  The broth was flavorable and the noodles were pleasantly springy.  It came with one seasoning packet with no dehydrated vegetables in it.

The recipe card suggested using bean sprouts as a topping, but I used baby bok choy since I had some left over in the freezer.  I also dont like sprouts.  I quickly sauteed the bok choy and used some sweet corn and a sheet of nori (seaweed) for my other toppings.  The corn was helpful in balancing out the salty note of the broth.  This was a nice lunch meal.

This pack was delivered by Umai Crate, a Japanese ramen subscription service.



The packaging holding the goodness inside



1 seasoning packet


Ready to consume!

Comments

Popular Posts