Ramen Hero - Genovese Tonkotsu Ramen

The second special for this month from Ramen Hero is an Italian-inspired broth with genovese tonkotsu (pork) flavor.  This broth was kind of like a pesto-flavored broth with hints of garlic and then parmesan cheese was added to the top to add a cheesy, creamy texture.

The toppings included the aforementioned parmesan cheese, marinated chashu (pork), some mushrooms (possibly woodear), and a branded piece of nori (seaweed).  I added a soft-boiled egg, which is pictured below. 

I don't know what I was expecting going in, but this wasn't bad.  It was different to have a ramen that had an undercurrent of Italian flavor.  It was far from my favorite bowl, but definitely not the worst.  It would rank somewhere in the middle.  I wouldn't buy it again but I don't mind having eaten it.


The bag with all the yummies inside and cooking directions


Ready to slurp!


Comments

Popular Posts