Spicy Miso Tonkotsu - J Robata

A little before Christmas, I went to Millbrae to run an errand and parked by a place called J Robata Ramen and Grill, located at 293 El Camimo Real.  I brought home an order of the tonkotsu (pork broth) ($12) and an order of the spicy miso tonkotsu ($13).  The staff inside was very friendly.


Each order came with four large slices of pork belly, extremely big pieces of bok choy, a whole marinated egg, green onions, and sesame seeds.  Both broths were a little too garlicky for my taste, but still tasted good.  If you like garlic, you will have no problems.  The large pieces of bok choy were unwieldy to fit in a bowl and I kind of wish they used baby bok choy or a smaller vegetable but it gave the bowl a healthy feeling.  Finally, both my wife and I agreed that the star of the bowl was the egg.  It was cooked perfectly and so delicious.  I could have eat a dozen of those.  Go there and check them out.


http://jrobataya.com/



My spicy miso tonkotsu ramen.  Beautiful egg!


Tonkotsu ramen


The restaurant was closed when I took this but opened for lunch


Comments

Popular Posts