Miso Ramen - Masa’s Sushi

A sushi restaurant near me started selling ramen so true to my nature, I had to get it as soon as possible.  The restaurant worker told me I was their very first ramen order and I was honored.  The restaurant is Masa’s Sushi, located at 813 Grant Ave, Novato.  Hat tip to Alan W. for informing me of this.


The ramen is a “Hokkaido-style” miso ramen, with a tonkotsu (pork) base with miso mixed in.  The toppings include three pieces of braised pork belly, a soft-boiled egg, corn, cilantro, and green onions.  My favorite part of this bowl was the pork belly.  It was pretty fatty but the taste was absolutely amazing and it would fall apart with some light prodding with the chopsticks.  I could eat a bucket of it.  The broth had a nice flavor although I might add some spice next time.  The price point is pretty high for ramen at $19/bowl so be advised about that.  I also got enough broth that will last me a couple more bowls.


https://www.masanovato.com/



Ready to dig in!


Lots of fat on the pork belly but super tender.

Comments

  1. I checked their menu. But no ramen is listed. Did you see others listed, or just the miso bowl you ordered?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the miso bowl. It was on their instagram page but it hasn't made their online or written menus yet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts