Ramen Spaghetti Pizza - The Poor Man's Gourmet Kitchen

This recipe was from YouTuber: The Poor Man's Gourmet Kitchen and it is a ramen with traditional pizza toppings on it to form something a little different.  This is more a spaghetti than a pizza, although the YouTuber does mention that if you want a crust like a pizza, you should pan fry the noodles after boiling them.  I decided to try this after we made pizza for dinner a couple of nights ago and had some leftover pizza sauce and pepperoni.

I boiled some ramen noodles from Maruchan and added the seasoning packet per the instructions on the bag.  When they were finished, I drained the noodles and spread them out in a greased oven-safe pan.  I spread the top with a shallow layer of pizza sauce, topped it all with shredded cheese (all I had was Mexican shredded cheese), and layered some pepperoni on top.  I stuck the pan in a 450-degree oven for 15 minutes until the cheese was nice and bubbly.

The end result was weird in a texture sense, but tasted okay.  I mean, if you like pizza sauce and pepperoni, this will taste just fine.  I think I may have not used enough sauce because my noodles at the bottom of the pan were sort of crispy and I think the entire dish was supposed to have soft noodles.  It's not quite spaghetti, it's not quite pizza, it's not ramen, it's something in between all those things.  Will I make it again?  Possibly, if we have leftover pizza items again, but nothing I'm in a hurry to make again.

#quarantinecooking


Pre-cooking in oven


Melty cheesy goodness


Nom nom nom





Comments

Popular Posts