Umai Crate by Japan Crate

I have subscribed to Umai Crate, a monthly subscription service that delivers instant noodles from Japan.  It's not cheap; it is $30/month for 8 - 10 orders plus a bonus gift and a guide on how to cook each ramen as well as suggested toppings.  The guide is absolutely necessary since everything is in Japanese.  I actually lucked out as my first purchase was $25 before they raised their prices.  The explanation given for the price increase was that they increased the amount of food and the quality.  I realize some people may rightfully balk at the price but the stuff is being shipped from Japan so unless you have a friend there willing to send you instant noodles, you won't find these in any traditional grocery store.

Umai Crate (umai means "delicious" in Japanese) is under the umbrella of Japan Crate, which sends out crates like Japanese snacks and candy; however, the ramen one was the only one that caught my eye.  This first box came with 7 orders of noodles (although one packet had enough for two people) and the gift was some cute sponges that the guide said I could use to wash my ramen bowls.  

I will document each packet as I go.



The opened box with food, gift, and guide.


My cute sponges.


Comments

Popular Posts