Instant Ramen Review - Taylor Farms Pork Ramen Noodle Bowls

This seems to be a new product from Taylor Farms because there is no mention of any noodle bowls on their website (www.taylorfarms.com).  I picked this bowl up at Safeway and also noticed there is an Udon bowl as well, which I will try in the future if they still have it.  But the Udon bowl isn't listed on the site either.  I never heard of Taylor Farms before but they are located in Salinas, CA.

The bowl contains 3 pieces of Chinese char sui, which is the sweet barbecue pork.  The pieces were big and tasted pretty good.  Also in the bowl were edamame, shredded carrots, bell peppers, and green onions.  The broth was kind of bland and not spicy at all, but once I dumped the included sriracha packet, it tasted better.  The noodles are okay.  They are semi-springy; nothing to write home about.  The inclusion of the edamame was a nice touch as it added a crunchy, fresh taste to the bowl.  Also, the immediate cooking time is very convenient whilst at work.  You pour two cups of hot water in the bowl, stir, and it is ready to go.  There is no fill line in the container, so I just estimated 2 cups.

The major downside to this bowl (and the Udon bowl) is the high sodium content = 3,400 mg, which is like a day-and-a-half worth of sodium.  I did not drink the entire broth of this like I normally do.  Obviously, ramen broth is always very high in sodium, but anything nearing 3,500 mg is too high, in my opinion.  Because of that, this will probably be the only time I ever eat this bowl.

Company: Taylor Farms
Brand: Ramen Noodle Bowls
Flavor: Pork
Country: USA
Spicy: Yes
Packets: 1 sriracha chili sauce
Cooking time: Immediate
Score: B-










Comments

Popular Posts