Instant Ramen Review - Nissin RAOH Umami Tonkotsu

The second packet from a free sample for which I signed up.  The broth was not as good as the shoyu one, in my opinion.  (Click HERE for that review.)  Perhaps my hopes were too high because I love a good tonkotsu broth, but it seemed a little weak and bland.  Definitely not as full flavored as the soy sauce broth.  The noodles were still the same consistency, spaghetti-like, as they are non-fried and go through a triple-layer process. 

I also included some pork belly from Trader Joe's.  This precooked meat just needs to be sliced up and fried in a pan for about 5 minutes a side.  It tasted okay as well.  Nothing to write home about, but it had a good porky flavor.  This was also the time I introduced my little infant to her first bowl of ramen.  While she was obviously too young to eat any, I let her smell the broth so she could know what her future holds.

Again, these Nissin RAOH's are only available on Amazon.


Company: Nissin Foods
Brand: Nissin RAOH
Flavor: Umami Tonkotsu Sauce
Country: Japan
Spicy: No
Packets: 1 soup base
Cooking time: 4 min
Score: B










Comments

  1. Fully Cooked Pork Belly! Yum! And Bailey's First Ramen? Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts