Jiro Style Garlic Shoyu Ramen - Sun Noodle

This item was another limited release offering from Sun Noodle for National Noodle Day, which took place on October 6th.  Unfortunately, it is sold out now, though.  I didn't know what Jiro style ramen was but luckily there was a description on the packet.  "Popularized by Ramen Jiro in Tokyo, Jiro-style ramen is most widely recognized for its large portion size.  Thick, chewy noodles are topped with mountainous piles of cabbage, bean sprouts, minced garlic and accented with pork fat, making for a uniquely indulgent Ramen experience."

I liked the noodles a lot, as they were both thick and chewy as described.  Sort of a long cook time for the noodles at 6 minutes.  The broth was quite good, a definite soy sauce flavor with a hint of garlic.  I added some garlic powder to up the garlic experience and topped it with chashu (pork belly).  The packet recommended cabbage and bean sprouts as well but I didn't have any cabbage and I don't really like bean sprouts.  UNFORTUNATELY, I must have deleted the picture of the completed bowl because I couldn't find it.  What a shame, but I did enjoy this ramen.  


The bag


Noods and sauce packet

Comments

Popular Posts