Momofuku Spicy Korean Ramen - Sun Noodle

This ramen kit was a limited time offering from Sun Noodle and is from the famed Momofuku, the brand made famous by David Chang.  When I first got the email saying this ramen was going to go on sale at 9am, it made me think that it was going to go fast since I've never heard of a ramen having a release date/time before.  So at about 8:55 I went to the Sun Noodle website and kept hitting the Refresh button like I was trying to book an appointment for a Covid vaccine.  I got in at 8:57 and was able to make my order!

A few days later, I received the beautiful bounty.  Two servings come in a single kit and come with two sets of fresh ramen noodles and two sauce packets.  This Korean ramen was a "dry" ramen, which means no broth, but comes with a sort of gravy, for lack of a better term.  The noodles had a 2 min cook time, were drained, then tossed with the spicy sauce.  The heat level on this was medium bordering on high for me.  The fresh noodles were delicious and combined with the sauce, had a very pleasant mouthfeel.  For toppings, I shredded roasted chicken, kimchi, and furikake.  I added the kimchi before tasting the ramen and as it turns out, I didn't really need it for the extra kick as the sauce was hot enough.  It looks like this kit is now available at some Whole Foods stores, so if you see it there, check it out.


I love the window so I can see the noodles


Noodle pack and sauce


Look at that thick, spicy goodness


With chicken, kimchi, and furikake


Comments

Popular Posts