Tanuki Oyaji Super Spicy Mazemen - Umai Crate

Ok, so this isn't really a ramen but it came in my Umai Crate so I'm including it in here.  Yakisoba is a stir-fried noodle (technically, "yaki" means "grilled" in Japanese) so it's similar to a Chinese chow mein.  According to the recipe card, yakisoba is often eaten during summer festivals.  This packet was meat-free and delicious.  It was also supposed to be slightly spicy but I didn't pick up any spicy notes from this at all.  Not even a little bit.

The noodles were boiled and then stir fried along with the single powder packet.  I jazzed it up a bit by frying up some pork belly and chopping it up, and then added some shrimp, cubed tofu, shiitake mushrooms, and cabbage that I stir fried separately and then put into the noodles at the end.


The pictures on the package always look so appetizing


Single flavor packet


Stir fry everything together for a meal.


Comments

Popular Posts