Kenko Foods Brown Rice Noodles

I got this package from Umai Crate.  The noodles are made out of brown rice, which made them a little bit healthier than standard ramen noodles.  The broth was a mix of a miso and sesame flavor.  Pretty good and because of the brown rice noodles, slightly less guilt when eating it.  The company that makes this is called Kenko Foods (kenko is Japanese for "healthy") and they are known for air-drying their noodles rather than frying them.

It came with a single seasoning packet and the cook time was 3 minutes.  The packet included sesame seeds.  I topped my bowl with some narutomaki (fish cake), shrimp tempura, and a soft-boiled egg.  At the last minute, I added some braised bamboo shoots I needed to get rid of.  A fairly pleasing meal.


Brown rice noodles


Noods and seasoning


Bon appetit!


Comments

Popular Posts