Hakata Tonkotsu DX and Chicken Paitan - Marufuku Ramen

My awesome wife surprised me for our anniversary with a bowl of ramen from Marufuku Ramen, one of the highest-rated ramen restaurants in San Francisco.  I can see why it's star rating is so high, it is quite delicious.  

We started off with the Marafuku bites ($7), which are pork belly inside of a steamed bun.  Verdict: DELICIOUS.  Fluffy bun + flavorful meat  + creamy sauce = win.  Next up was the ramen.  I had a hakata tonkotsu DX ($18.5), which is a pork-based broth and came with chashu pork, marinated egg, corn, pickled ginger, green onions, kikurage mushrooms, bean sprouts, nori (seaweed), and buta kakuni (braised pork belly).  The pork belly was divine and the broth was delicious.  There was a LOT of meat in this bowl.  Everything really just worked together.  

My wife had the chicken paitan (clear broth) ($14.50), which came with sliced chicken breast, marinated egg, kikurage mushrooms, green onions, and bean sprouts.  She let me have a taste and I must say that I really enjoyed the broth on this one.  It was rich and clean and extremely flavorful.  

All in all, a great experience.  I would definitely come back here again.

1581 Webster St, Ste 235
San Francisco, CA 94115


Hakata Tonkotsu DX.  Lots of toppings!


Chicken paitan.  Very satisfying.


Marufuku bites for an appetizer.


My daughter stole some of my broth!


Comments

Popular Posts