Instant Ramen Review - Samyang Ramen Kimchi

 Shout out to Carrie M for also donating this pack of ramen to me.  We wanted to compare it with the Nongshim Kimchi ramen we tasted earlier (click here to see the review).  I was very curious as to what this one would taste like because Samyang is the company behind the ramen that everybody is doing the spicy noodle challenge with.  I also had a few hours of playing Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six on Xbox and needed a midnight snack.

I will have to say, I liked the Nongshim better as the broth was more flavorful and you had a bigger kimchi punch due to the little flakes of kimchi inside of the seasoning packet.  This Samyang had less of a kimchi flavor but it was still a very good tasting broth and yummy noodles.  So while I think the Nongshim Kimchi ramen was better, I would also eat this one again as well as it was still a very good tasting meal.  I topped it with some leftover menma (braised bamboo shoots), corn, a slice of chashu (pork belly), and a soft-boiled egg.

Company: Samyang
Flavor: Kimchi
Country: Korea
Spicy: Yes
Packets: 1 soup base
Cooking time: 4 min
Score: A-


So much anticipation!


Single soup seasoning packet.


Bon appetit!


Comments

Popular Posts