Nongshim Tonkotsu

This was generously donated to me by Brian W. and is available at Costco.  It is a tonkotsu (pork) broth and I thought it was pretty good as it was creamy and full of umami.  It came with two packets: one with the soup base and the other is the "spicy sauce".  With a four-minute cook time and an easy to transport bowl, I found this a quick, easy, and tasty lunch.  

I topped this with some pork belly, sliced marinated shiitaki mushrooms, a hard boiled egg, and green onions.  I made the toppings the night before and brought them to work for lunch and I find a hard boiled egg transports much better than a soft boiled one.  The spicy sauce added a little bit of heat, but it was manageable and didn't distract from the taste.


The bowl.


The flavor.


The food.


Comments

Popular Posts